WOW! Today was a day full of emotional highs and lows! We had lots going on and started the morning on a "high". Mimi and Papa invited us to a pancake breakfast with Santa at their church. They had taken Reese last year, but Kevin and I had been out of town. It was such a fun event for us all to attend! I hope that we can continue this tradition for years to come.
Sweet girl!! She has a pretty cheesy smile, but she is still a cutie!
Chowing down on some pancakes!
After breakfast and before Santa arrived there were some activities for the kids.
We wrote a letter to Santa, made Reindeer food, and made a picture frame.
Next up it was time to meet Santa. Reese wasn't totally sure what to think at first...
Here she is reaching for her daddy.
This was definitely the best picture we got...although I still don't think she was too "sold" on old Saint Nick.
After breakfast, Reese and Kevin headed home to hang out while I went to a baby "sprinkle" for my friend Lauren. Lauren is expecting a little girl and it was so fun to get together and celebrate. In honor of the baby and mommy-to-be we went to brunch at the Chalkboard. During brunch came the low point of the day. I happened to get my phone out of my purse to look up a number for my friend Sarah. As I had it out Kevin called. I didn't answer, as I thought it was rude. Immediately afterward I get a text from him saying to call him ASAP. Immediately, I started to panic. I lost all sense of courtesy and didn't even leave the table. I called him back to find out that Bodie's tumor had ruptured. Apparently it was bleeding and oozing everywhere. At this point I became the girl that shouldn't ever be invited to another baby shower....I LOST it....right at the table in front of everyone. I called my mom and sent her to our house. I left the shower and met Kevin and Bodie at the vet. I was certain that we were probably going to loose Bodie. It was the longest drive ever. The vet gave us two options: put Bodie down or take him home with more medicine and try to enjoy a few more days. He told us that Bodie probably wouldn't make it through Christmas.
Because everything had happened so suddenly, Kevin and I were not ready for good bye. We decided to bring Bodie home and spend a few more days together.
When we got home from the vet it was time to take Reese to a birthday party. I put on my "strong" face and took her. I knew that Kevin and Bodie needed some time together and I thought it would be good for Reese and I to get out of the house. I made it through the party with puffy eyes and mascara everywhere....but Reese had a blast!
The final "event" of the day was a Christmas party at our friend's the Watson's. Kevin opted to stay home which was completely understandable. I went to the party with Canaan...she even picked me up like it was a date. I was worried about making it through the party, but I did fine. It was a fun evening with friends and a Christmas themed photo booth....
Is this a festive bunch or what?! The Santa beard was super itchy!!
Me and Amy....the hostess with the mostest.
I even got my picture with the elf baby...now who can complain about that?!
In all it was a wonderful day....with one tragic event. I pray that Bodie does well and that we are able to enjoy him for a few more days. I dread that we are nearing the point of having to make a "decision" about his life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment