Friday, April 11, 2014

Disney Magic!!

We just got back from the most AMAZING family vacation!  We took the kids on the Disney Cruise.  Wow!  What an experience!  I have to be honest here and say that I was NOT looking forward to going on a cruise.  I don't know why, but they have never sounded appealing to me.  Recently we have had 3 good friends all go on the Disney cruise though and they all had glowing reviews.  So we decided to try it.  I am SO thankful that we were able to do this as a family!  It really was a magical trip!

We left Tulsa on the 4th and flew to Orlando. 

 
 
 
The kids did great on the plane!

 
 
Ms. Nikki, the director from their school, was on our flight so we took our first picture in Florida with her!

Once we were settled into the hotel we went and walked around in downtown Disney.



 
That night we ate dinner at the T-Rex restaurant.  The kids enjoyed digging for bones while we waited.
 




 
And Reese scored an Ariel costume while we were shopping.  We put it on after dinner.
 



That night in the hotel was the first time the kids slept in a bed together.  They thought it was really fun!

Saturday morning we woke up and headed off to tackle the Magic Kingdom!  I couldn't stand the idea of being in Orlando and not going for at least a day.  I must say that it was a tad of a disappointment.  We didn't plan it well and the whole day was just sort of a mess.  I don't think the kids knew, but it definitely didn't live up to all the magical memories I have from my childhood trips to Magic Kingdom.




 
Riding It's a Small World
 


 
Finn carried "night night" the entire day!


 
And took a nap

 
Reese threw a HUGE fit!



 
Snug little bugs!
We had to "pin" Finn in with pillows the second night because he fell out of bed the first night.
 
Then Sunday morning we boarded the cruise ship.  And that is when the magic truly began.  The cruise FAR exceeded any expectations that we had.  It was absolutely perfect!  Finn was not a fan of the characters.  He would cry every time we tried to take his picture with one of them.  Then, he met the princesses.  That boy LOVED the princesses!!
 

 
Reese had a "godmother-in-training" for the Bippity Boppity Boutique do her hair and make-up.
 
 
And met her first princess!
She was in awe!
 
By the end of the first night we were all sold on the cruise!  Reese was on cloud nine!  It also became clear that she didn't think Magic Kingdom was too magical either.  She literally hadn't said a word about the experience.  Never got excited about any of the rides or shows.  And then after her first nap on the cruise she woke up and said "mommy, I had a dream, uh a nightmare.  Do you remember that boat from it's a small world?  I had a dream we were on it and it sunk."  That was it.  That was what our hundreds of dollars spent at the Magic Kingdom bought us this year...a sinking boat :(


 
Testing our their bunk beds!






 
This picture cracks me up!  Look how sassy Reese is!
 

 
Dancing with Snow White....dreams really do come true!


 
Too sweet!






 
Both kids loved the ocean this year!  But I mean, what's not to love at a place like this?!



 
As to be expected, pirate night was my favorite!!  We all dressed up as pirates and had a great time!  Our family makes some pretty good looking pirates if I do say so myself!
 






 
Hands down, Reese's favorite character was Peter Pan.  She ran around the ship and hung out with him for almost 30 minutes!  It was unbelievable!
 



 
The kids had a great time seeing all the autographs from the characters!
 
As we were leaving the ship, Reese thanked Kevin and me for giving her the bestest trip in the entire world!!  It is safe to say that both kids had a wonderful time, as did their mommy and daddy!  We will definitely be returning.


No comments:

Post a Comment