Friday, January 24, 2014

It Only Took 17 Years

This morning my friend Suzanne and her kids came over for a play date.  It is hard for me to express how much I love Suzanne and her sweet babies, including my very precious God daughter, Sue.  They are in town from California for a wedding and were able to come over.  I absolutely treasure my time with them!  The kids played pretty well together...or as well as 4 kids (ages 4 and under) can play together!

Then this evening Kevin and I went on a date to see Chicago at the PAC.  As expected, it was a great show and a very enjoyable evening.  I love our dates to the PAC!  When we got home it was pretty late, but I went ahead and checked the mail.  In it was this beauty...

 
Now for a little back story, "shoes" has been my family nickname since I was a baby.  When I turned 16 my dad tried to get me a personalized license plate that said "shoes" as a surprise.  However, it was taken.  So, every year when he goes to renew his plates he has them check to see if it is still taken.  Well, this year, after 17 years when he asked they said it was available.  So I am now the proud owner of a personalized "shoes" license plate...and the icing on the cake was that I was able to get it on an OSU plate!  SCORE!

 
See how happy it makes me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment