Tonight Kerry, Maggie, and I prepared dinner and took it to the Madonna House. This was an opportunity that Kerry found out about and organized for us. We each prepared part of the meal prior to arriving and then ate with the women living there. Our kids joined us which always makes things interesting!
The Madonna House is a free residential program which serves pregnant women and provides them with 24-hour staff support and a multitude of services for them and their babies. It is a pretty amazing program!
I must say it was a pretty awesome experience. I really enjoyed talking to the mom's and meeting their babies. It made me feel very fortunate to be married...to have a partner to raise our kids with...to be a working, stable adult. I admire these young women and their dedication to "make it on their own". I pray that they will be very successful and that their babies know how much their mommies love them and have sacrificed for them.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment