Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tulsa State Fair

Last Sunday we took Reese to the fair.  To be honest, I wasn't exactly sure how she was going to do...but we had a blast!  Of course we didn't last too long, just a couple of hours, but it was a lot of fun.  Being the super prepared mommy that I always am, I forgot my camera...so most of our pictures are pretty bad.  We started by letting Reese ride the carousel.

When we were getting in line, we asked Reese who she wanted to go with her.  She chose her Papa...it was really sweet!
Across from the carousel was a rubber ducky fair game.  Reese beelined in on it immediately!  She conned her daddy in to letting her play two times in a row!





Reese was very proud of the fish she won at the ducky game!

Next up was to get some fair food!  Who doesn't love them some fair food?!  Reese opted for a corn dog.  I picked a quesadilla and it was one of two bad food decisions that day....oh well!




When our tummies were full we made our way to the actual kid "section" of the fair.  They had several really cute rides for kids.  Reese was actually a little too short for some of the rides, but she still got in her fair share of "thrills".  Her absolute favorite was the roller coaster...she is definitely a thrill seeker!



Doesn't Kevin look cute?!  What a trooper!!



And now on a serious note.  While we were at the fair I had a BIG decision to make....which "fried food" was I going to indulge in?  Honestly, there were so many choices that it made the decision very tough!  After much debate and inner turmoil, I settled on fried oreos.  I love oreos so I was pretty stoked!  Then on our way to purchase said oreos, I passed this sign...



For real?!  Chicken fried bacon?  Um, delicious!  But NO Sarah, focus, you are getting fried oreos.  Well, it turns out that I made a terrible decision :(  The fried oreos weren't good at all...and all I could can (still 4 days later) think about is chicken fried bacon!

I texted the above picture to my brother who shares my love of bacon....here's what went down:

Me: text w/ picture "Jealous?!"
Brother: Holy sh*%!  Where are you?  Where is that bacon?
Me: It was at the fair.  I opted for a fried oreo instead and am still regretting the decision :(
Brother: Sometimes I don't even know who you are.
Me: I agree!  It was the d*%m baby....messing with my head telling me I wanted sweets.  Never again baby...never again!!

P.S. Sorry baby...mommy really isn't (too) mad at you!

No comments:

Post a Comment