Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thoughts From A 2 Year Old

The past few days Reese has been cracking me up!  She is so thoughtful and inquisitive.  Her thoughts / comments continue to amaze me!

The other day Reese and I were hanging out.  She randomly asked me, "Mommy, will you be my best friend?"
Me: "Of course Reese!  I would love to be your best friend."
Reese: "Okay, you my best friend."
A day or so later she asked Kevin to be her best friend...I'm not sure if I felt like it was cute or it she was a complete traitor...I had already agreed to be her best friend.  Am I no longer good enough?!

A week or so ago the temperatures cooled off pretty significantly.  Reese and I were outside and I did the fake shiver and said "Reese, it's burrrrrr."  She shivered too and laughed at me.  We had fun "shivering" on and off the rest of the evening.  Several days later I woke her up.  She got out of bed, looked at me, shivered and said "Mommy, I'm bird!"  So, I guess my "burrrr" wasn't clear.  No wonder she was laughing at me!  Hee hee :)

Reese gets a note sent home from school every day.  They are usually pretty generic, but it is always fun to get a little information about her day.  On Monday, her note said "Reese had a good day today.  She prayed for her Mimi during Jesus time.  She had a lot of fun outside in the sand box.  Good Job as our Line Leader."  She prayed for her Mimi....for reals?!  Melt my heart!  We haven't introduced "praying for people" so I was floored...love it!

I love picking Reese up from school!  It is so great to see her at the end of the work day.  Starting last week Reese created a new "routine" we have to go through before we can leave her school.  If I'm being totally honest, the routine is a little brutal.  It adds a good 20 minutes to our exit time.  The routine goes like this...I pick her up in her room.  Then we go to the bathroom and she spends 2 - 3 minutes deciding which stall she wants to use.  Then we have to wash her hands and FEET in the sink.  For real?!  I love my daughter, but washing her stinky feet (with 4 pounds of sand in each shoe) is not my idea of a good time!  ***The other day after going pee pee she tried to flush the potty and couldn't get it to work.
Reese: "It's broke."
Me: "Let mommy help you.  I think it's just stuck."
Reese: "It needs batteries."

Recently, Reese has "discovered" the moon.  She loves looking for it in the night sky!  Yesterday, we went out to get the mail and she found the moon.
Reese: "Mommy, look the moon!!"
Me: "I see it!  Hi moon!"
Reese: "OH NO!  Mommy, it broke!"
When she discovered the moon it happened to be a full moon...so yesterday, when it was a half moon, she thought it was broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment