Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Saying Inappropriate Things

Driving to work this morning I was feeling pretty tired and glum.  I was not at all interested in working...so I decided to treat myself to Starbucks.  I was debating between a Salted Caramel Mocha and a Pumpkin Spice Latte...that was when I approached the drive through and saw this...



At that very moment my day got MUCH better!  White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha's are my favorite Starbucks drink EVER.  I know that I can order them all year long...but the holiday cups just make them so much better!  I am in love :)

Shortly after arriving at work I had an IEP meeting.  The meeting was for a student recently identified as being on the "autism spectrum".  Let me say that I love working with his little guy!  He cracks me up!  Anyway, he has been getting in some trouble for saying inappropriate things at school.  His teacher has been making a list of things that he is saying so that we can develop a social story about how these things are not appropriate.  After the meeting I remembered that I had heard him say something that he shouldn't have.  So, I went to talk to his special education teacher about what I had heard....one day when I was walking in the hall with him I heard him calling kids "douche bags" as they walked by...so that's what I told her.  She said that she would add it to his list.  About 5 minutes later I was back in my office working and the phone rang...

Me: "this is Sarah"
Teacher: "Sarah, this is Whitely, how do you spell Douche Bag?"
Me: (choking on my water that I had just taken a drink of) "Holy crap!  Are you serious?!"
Teacher: "No, I'm actually joking.  I didn't know so I googled it."

I can't really explain why...but I could not stop laughing....that is a phone call that I NEVER expected to get at work :)

Then yesterday after work we went outside and had some fun with Reese.  She has gotten really good at blowing bubbles and LOVES being outside.


she did it!!

my sweet girl!


then we went on a walk....reese loves seeing the ducks!


after watching the ducks for a minute, reese grabbed the wagon, starting running and said "we're going on a bear hunt"....kevin and i had no idea what was going on?!


reese and daddy looking for bears :) a few minutes into our bear hunt, reese noticed a man sitting on a bench in front of his house.  this man happens to have darker skin...she pointed to him and said "i found the bear"...fortunately i don't think he heard her...oops!

So, I know this post was totally random...but that's how my life has been lately!  Happy New Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment