Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday

This morning I took Reese to school and then Finn and I ran some errands.  After going to the grocery store Finn and I ran home real quick.  I was pleasantly surprised to find these waiting for me when we got back!

 
I know it's cliche, but I love beautiful flowers on Valentine's Day!  Especially when my hubby is out of town on business.
 
It's no secret that the kids and I spend a lot of time in the car.  We are on the go almost every day.  That being said, I am a huge fan of the "voice text" capabilities on my phone.  I can "speak" my text and it converts it to print so that I can keep my eyes on the road.  The one catch is that you even have to say the type of punctuation needed and when.  So, today on our way home from Reese's school I heard her in the back seat...
 
"Hi Daddy period"
"We miss you daddy exlalation (explanation point)"
"Are you good mark (question mark)"
"Daddy are you at the airport period"
 
Oh my!!  She is so funny!  The way her little mind processes things never ceases to amaze me.
 
Then this afternoon, we had inspections on Scott and Julie's new house!  I am still overwhelmed with excitement that they are here!  Inspections went great!
 
We ended the day with mass for Ash Wednesday.  I remember getting my ashes last year when I was in the hospital with Finn.  The kids were both great during mass and Finn got ashes for the first time!
 
 
He was so sleepy!!
 
 
This isn't a great pic, but Reese wanted a family picture with our ashes!


No comments:

Post a Comment