Before bed last night I looked at the calendar and realized that today was one of two days this entire month that didn't have a single commitment. NOTHING! That meant that the kids and I had a whole day to enjoy together! I was thrilled!
So, this morning my sweet little Valentines got up and dressed. I decided to take them to breakfast at Einstein's. As I was sitting there, I received an email.....
(Now some background information. I have a Broker's Open planned at one of my listings on Friday the 15th. This has been planned for over two weeks. It is just me and one other broker, but I still thought it would be successful. She offered to make the fliers for us as I'm not that savvy with fliers. As our "incentive" we planned to have scratch off lottery tickets. I was serving Olive Garden Salad and she was serving Chick-Fil-A nuggets. All of this to say that we had spent a lot of time organizing and planning it.)
.....I open the email and realize that the other realtor has sent me the flier. I open it briefly and am impressed by how nice it looks. Unfortunately, I notice that she has the wrong date on it. She had accidentally put today's date. So, I sent her a quick text...
Me: "Fliers look great! Only change is the date. You accidentally put today's date."
Other Realtor: "Well, I can't do it tomorrow."
Me: (Inside my head...what the hell do you mean?! We've had this scheduled for weeks.) "Isn't that what we've had planned?!"
Other Realtor: "I ended up scheduling a closing. I will hold mine open today and you can just do yours tomorrow."
Me: (Inside my head...what the hell do you mean?! The purpose of a broker's open is to have more than one broker with their listing open!) "Well, I guess I can talk to my seller."
At this point, I literally freak out! It is 9:42 am and we are supposed to start at 11:00. I haven't talked to my sellers, I haven't ordered food, I haven't purchases lottery tickets, I don't have child care....AAAAAHHHH!
So, I call the seller. She flips out but says she will make it work - check
I call Reese's school and see if I can drop her off early (I was going to take her for her Valentine's party later in the morning anyway)- check
I call my dad to have him come watch Finn - check
As I was driving to Reese's school, I really felt like I was going to cry. I felt awful for my seller who had to scramble to get her house cleaned and presentable on such short notice. I was upset that I didn't get to enjoy breakfast with my babies. I was just upset. I called my mom to vent. As I'm explaining everything that has happened she says "Well, who is watching Finn?"
Me: "Dad is."
Mom: "Dad is golfing."
Me: "Well, I called and he said he could come over."
Mom: "Oh! Well, he had a tee time. He must have cancelled it to come help you."
KILL ME!! It was a beautiful day and my dad LOVES to golf! He didn't mention a thing. What an awesome dad to drop everything and help me out. But then I felt super guilty! I also felt like I had ruined his valentine's day, as well as my kids....and it was only 10:06 am.
I finally get everything taken care of and made it to my listing just a few minutes after 11:00. Not bad after the morning I had. I got everything set up and was just sitting down to "relax". As I sat there, I heard the garage door open?! I went to the door and the sellers husband comes walking up with roses and a box of chocolates. He is a pilot and wasn't supposed to be home until late that evening, so when the plans changed his wife didn't call him. Well, he had changed his flight schedule so that he could come home early and surprise her. Surprised he was when he saw my smiling face! Another valentine's day ruined!
Truly, the morning was a complete disaster! But after naps me and the kids made up for it! We had a great afternoon hanging out and opening gifts! These two little babies are the best valentine's gift that anyone could ask for!
My loves!
Even when Finn is pitiful he is cute!
Reese showing off her new shirt from DeDe and Grandpa!
Finn was pretty pleased with his gift too!
Reese even scored a couple of extra lottery tickets from the Broker's Open!
It's never too young to start gambling, right?!
My baby Valentine before night night!

No comments:
Post a Comment