Monday, February 11, 2013

Keys to Success

Today I held a Broker's Open at one of my listings.  A Broker's Open is a basically an open house for realtors.  They are typically held during the week and the realtors have food / drinks at the houses.  Sometimes there are even prizes or give-a-ways for attending.  Today's happened to be in my neighborhood which was nice since I didn't have to travel far!  We did a Mardi Gras theme which turned out really well.  I was fortunate to have a lender join me and help "sponsor" my listing.  Elizabeth has turned into a friend so it was nice to have the time not only to talk shop but to do some work together. 

My parents came over to my house to watch the kids for me.  I am so thankful that my parents live close and are willing to help out as much as they do! 

So, the broker's open went really well.  We had several brokers through and got some really good feedback.  As it was time to leave I realized that I couldn't find my keys....no bueno :( Fortunately, Elizabeth was still there.  She helped me look for about 15 minutes before we gave up.  Elizabeth brought me home but my poor car was stranded at my listing.

My dad graciously offered to go back with me to help me look again.  Misplacing things is one of the most frustrating things ever!  I felt so stupid!  Dad was trying to help me retrace my steps, but I really couldn't remember much.  It was actually kind of frightening....I am certain that my mind was on 100 different things and not in the moment.

We walked several blocks through the grass and on the sidewalk in case I dropped them as I put my signs out.  Then we went inside.  Dad started opening drawers in the bathroom (which honestly kind of frustrated me.....what a waste of time!  If I would have put them in a drawer I would have remembered).  We turned over chairs and took out couch cushions.  We crawled on floors.  We looked EVERYWHERE.  The good news is that it only took an HOUR to find them...inside a kitchen drawer....what?!  I still have no clue how they got there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment