Sunday, January 30, 2011

18 month update...a month late!

Friday was our follow up appointment with the pediatrician.  If you will recall, when we went for Reese's 18 month appointment we were surprised to find she had a DOUBLE ear infection.  So the appointment didn't go as planned.  At our appointment on Friday we were supposed to check her ears, check her iron levels (something that Reese has battled since she was born), and administer her 18 month vaccines.  Well, would you believe that she has ANOTHER DOUBLE ear infection?!  Poor baby!!  What the heck?!  I couldn't believe it.  The result was another round of antibiotics and still no iron check or vaccination.  We go back again in 2 weeks.

I realized that with all the ear drama I forgot to document Reese's 18 month "stats".  At her 18 month appointment (the first one) she was:

32 1/2 inches tall (60th percentile)
25 lbs (60th percentile)
her head was 18 3/4 inches (75th percentile)

Yesterday Reese started developing a fever.  Our fingers are crossed that this is a result of the ear infections...but are a little worried that she has developed another bug of some sort.  Around lunch time Reese lost her appetite completely and started feeling really feverish.  She took two naps yesterday and was just pitiful.  Today the fever is better but she still doesn't feel too great. 

I'm not really sure how this relates to her "illness" but since Saturday morning Reese has been protesting pants?!  So, of course we have taken pics...I'm sure she will thank us later!

Saturday morning....



Sunday morning....




I mean, it's just pitiful!  I hate seeing my sweet girl not feeling well!


No comments:

Post a Comment