Monday, January 10, 2011

Welcome 2011

I can't believe that another year is upon us.  It truly seems like "time flies".  I feel like I go in so many directions that sometimes I "forget" the little things....the things that make me stop and smile.  In an effort to "change" this pattern, I'm going to attempt to blog.  Now let me say that this is not a "resolution"...I have NEVER fulfilled a resolution so let's not go there. 

I must admit that 2011 hasn't started out totally promising...there have already been some "bumps", but with bad comes the good.  I will give you a brief recap...

New Year's Eve - Who would have guessed that we would have TWO parties to attend!  (I promise that we aren't generally cool enough to have two events in one evening!)  We had a great time with all of our friends and realize that we are very blessed to have such amazing people in our lives.  We got to fill our tummies shortly after midnight with Kerry's amazing breakfast! = GOOD





Monday the 3rd - Back to work for me and Kevin, back to school for Reese.  It was tough on all of us to adjust to our "real" lives.  We really enjoyed our time off during the holidays!  I got a gift from one of my students...he had left it for me before the break, but since I'm part time I hadn't received it.  It was so sweet and pretty funny!  It was a mug filled with chocolates.  On the box it said "To: Mrs. Speach Teacher"....CUTE, even thought it was misspelled!  Definitely one of the reasons that I love working with kids! = GOOD

Wednesday the 5th - Kevin went to get Reese up and found that she had thrown up overnight.  She had been sleeping in it and it was everywhere!!  Awesome sleeping conditions, huh?!  She didn't have a fever, but he kept her home from school anyway.  She didn't show any other symptoms so we decided that it was a fluke. = BAD

Thursday the 6th - For the past several months I have been pyscho about redecorating our dining room (that's a whole another story)....went to the fabric store to get inspired.  Got so caught up in the fabrics that I wasn't keeping a real close eye on Reese.  Well, she found a hanger full of fabric samples.  As she was strutting by proudly displaying them, she tripped and fell.  The hanger scraped the heck out of her face....selfish mommy! = BAD



I might mention here that Reese LOVES eating!!  Isn't that scratch just pitiful :(

Friday the 7th - Took Reese to the doctor for her 18 month appointment.  I always look forward to these appointments.  It is so fun to see how much Reese is growing and to watch her hit her milestones.  So, let me just say that I again felt like a TERRIBLE mother when I was informed that she had a DOUBLE ear infection, yes that's right both ears....also, likely the cause of the throwing up that was going on on Wednesday.  The poor baby!! = BAD (Geez, doesn't look like I'm winning any mother of the year awards this year)

Saturday the 8th - This is a day that I had been looking forward to for a LONG time!!  My friend Andrea and I were hosting a "Sip and See" for another friend, Debbie.  Debbie holds a dear place in our hearts...not only is she a wonderful friend and amazing mother, but she also kept Reese for us for the first year of Reese's life.  This was a HUGE blessing to us and made my decision to go back to work much easier.  Anyway, on November 4th, Debbie and Brad were blessed with a beautiful baby girl.  We were really looking forward to celebrating Abby with Debbie and all of her loved ones.  The party was at our house.  Kevin and I stayed up late Friday night getting all of the details in order.  Then at 6:30 in the morning I got violently sick...it was UGLY!  So, I spent the shower in solitary confinement in my room, while the guests celebrated in my living room.  It was brutal hearing all the joy / laughter through the walls...but the good news is that the party went off without a hitch!  Our friend Staci, along with Andrea, and Kevin worked together to save the day! (I will post pics later of the celebration....Abby was as precious as ever!) = BAD / GOOD

So, that turned into the longest post ever!  I promise they won't always be that long :)  Here's hoping that this next week brings more GOODS!

No comments:

Post a Comment