Thursday, January 27, 2011

Remember the 10

Ten years ago today, January, 27, 2001 where were you?  I will NEVER forget where I was that day, specifically where I was at 6:37 pm. 

Back up....It was the beginning of the spring semester of my junior year at Oklahoma State University.  I was young, carefree,, and having the time of my life in Stillwater.  It was a Saturday afternoon and the Oklahoma State University Cowboys were in Boulder playing basketball against the University of Colorado Buffaloes.  Casey, Wicker, and I went over to Battles house to watch the game.  There were several of us over there hanging out, wearing orange, and cheering on our Cowboys.  The game was a disappointing loss...little did we know what would happen at 6:37...it was then that the Cowboys and the entire OSU family lost 10 of our family members.  A loss that can not be explained.  As the basketball team was traveling back to Stillwater there was a tragic plane crash.  As the news broke time stood still.  It was horrifying.

Today, ten years later the OSU family continues to mourn the loss of those 10 men.  We continue to pray for those that were lost, for their team mates, for their families, for their friends, for the entire OSU community.  Seeing the continued support that the OSU family demonstrates as a result of this event makes me even more proud to wear orange and to say Go Pokes!


I will always Remember The Ten!


No comments:

Post a Comment