Friday, January 21, 2011

Trapped!!!

Yesterday was our first "snow" day in Tulsa.  There was enough snow and ice that schools were cancelled...not that it really mattered since Thursday is my day off anyway.  Since schools were cancelled I was a little nervous to get Reese out and take our chances on the streets, especially since we didn't have anywhere that we had to be.  So, for most of the day we stayed in our pajamas and just hung out.  We had a fun morning playing in the game room.  After Reese's nap things went downhill fast!!  It turned into one of those days that I seriously considered running away!  Reese was not happy with anything.  The only thing that she wanted to do was to pester her dad who was trying to work in his office...without an 18 month old running around.  If I took her out of the office she would cry, if we tried to play she would cry, if I held her she would cry, if I put her down she would cry....get the picture.  And on top of everything we couldn't leave the house!!  Reese and I are good at being on the go...it's what we do.  So, not having that luxury was not easy on us.  I tried to take Reese to play in the snow so that we could at least get some fresh air.  I realized that the poor baby doesn't have gloves which is probably child abuse!  She did however look super cute in her snow bibs and big pink coat. 


She enjoyed walking around and looking at the snow...but she did NOT like touching it.  At one point she toppled over and landed face down which resulted in more crying because both hands were covered in snow. 





In all, it was a rough day on mommy....and in reality Reese would probably have said it was a rough day on her too!  Then mommy enjoyed some wine with dinner and things got a little better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment