Monday, March 18, 2013

Sappy!

I've been pretty sappy today. 

This morning I attended a funeral.  A former coworkers husband passed away.  Funerals are never easy.  My heart literally broke for my coworker and friend.  She lost her soul mate in the blink of an eye.  Funerals remind me of all the loved ones that are no longer with me.  They make me feel so blessed for the family and friends I do have here on this earth. 

After the funeral I went to lunch with a dear friend who also used to be a coworker.  Now that we don't work together we aren't able to chat as often and BOY do I miss our talks.  It was so nice to have an hour free lunch without kids to catch up.  I miss you Staci!  Our talks and your friendship are very very dear to me!

While I was at the funeral, Finn had to go to school with Reese.  The last time he went he didn't nap which was a fiasco.  Well, today when I picked him up he was sound asleep on his little cot.  It killed me!  He looked so "big"!  My baby boy is big enough to sleep by himself on a cot?!  I should be happy he slept right?!

This afternoon and evening I was out showing houses.  Fortunately, Miss Taylor was able to come watch my babies.  Since I hadn't spent much time with them today, I was really missing them.  Then, as if on cue, Taylor texted me this picture.

 
Words aren't enough....LOVE!
 
So at the end of my sappy day, I hugged my babies a little tighter and kissed them a couple of extra times.  I truly can't thank God enough for my precious babies, my loving husband, my supportive parents, my caring family, and for my amazing friendships.  I AM BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment