Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mimi's Birthday Fun

Today is my mom's birthday.  It's hard to express how much my mom means to me...she is truly amazing!

Our morning started out as a complete disaster.  I personally have been struggling with our church lately.  Not our faith, but our actual parish.  It just doesn't feel like "home" to me.  So as of last week, we have decided to "shop around".  There are three other churches in town that I'd like for our family to try out.  Rather than going to each of their websites to check their mass schedule, I went directly to the Diocese of Tulsa page.  It has a list of all the parishes and their mass times...now if that's not one stop shopping I don't know what is :) 

So, this morning we headed off to Christ the King for a 9:30 service.  On the way we had to stop for gas.  As Kevin was filling up, I decided to check out Christ the King's website.  As I was scrolling along I noticed that the mass time is 9:15 NOT 9:30....that 15 minutes made a huge difference and therefore we didn't make it.  As a result we ended up at my parents church.  Since we hadn't planned on being there my parents were not expecting us.  I waited awhile but then took Finn up to where Mimi and Papa were sitting.  The look of surprise on Mimi's face was priceless.  She said that being with her family at church was the best gift we could have given her.  SO, obviously the typo on the diocese's website was a blessing in disguise.

After church the kids and I ended up going to brunch with Mimi and Papa.  Kevin wanted to join us but with all the mix ups he didn't have time before his tee time.  We went and ate at First Watch.  It was a really good brunch!  Mimi even helped Reese practice spelling our last name.  She had never tried before and did a really good job!

Then this evening, Kevin, mom, dad, Scott, Julie, and I all went to eat at the Melting Pot.  Fondue is always a special meal for our family, but generally mom cooks it.  The Melting Pot was the perfect place for us to take her so that she could enjoy fondue without having to cook it!

We had a delicious meal and a wonderful time!  I love when we are able to have the entire family together...but sometimes "adult time" is priceless!

Happy Happy Birthday Mimi!  We hope you enjoyed your special day!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment