Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!!

Halloween is always such a fun and busy day!  We started the day with the costume parade at the kids school.  I feel so fortunate that Kevin and I both have jobs where we can be at things like this.  Also, it's always nice when Papa can join us!


 
Finn wasn't too sure about any of it...the costume, the parade.

 
Of course my little girl was loving every second!

 
Kevin had to walk with Finn in order for Finn to participate.
Finn didn't even give Kevin time to put down the plates of cookies I had made for his class!
 
 
Finn's Class 

 
Reese's Class

 
Family Photo
 
After the parade, Reese's class had a really fun party!  She doesn't normally go to school on Thursdays, but they let her stay for the fun!
 
While she was partying, Finn and I went and saw Mimi at work.  We surprised her with her favorite coffee for a Halloween treat.
 
During nap time, I made tomato soup.  This is a tradition I remember from Halloween as a kid....tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.  After the soup was done, I snuck out and showed some houses.  On the way home I picked up a pumpkin for us to carve.  For some reason none of our other pumpkins were going to work.
 
Then it was time to get that pumpkin carved :)
 

 
This cracks me up!  Finn was over "talking" to Hudson.  I asked he if wanted to take a picture with Hudson and he said yes.  Then he cautiously backed up....and looked completely terrified in the picture!

 
They both LOVE Hudson the Scarecrow and yet they look like they are being tortured!

 
Big helper!

 
Little helper!

 
Supervising

 
The inspection process.

 
The finished product!
 
After finishing our pumpkin we went in for dinner.  The weather was beautiful!  Definitely not a soup kind of night but the kids scarfed it down regardless!  Reese was so excited to put her costume on and go trick or treating!  We tried to teach Finn what to say, but he just said "treats".
 
 
Another attempt at a photo op with Hudson!


 
We have the sweetest neighbors ever!  Kendra and Trenton always graciously let Reese (and now Finn) tag along with them!  The cutest witch, Mad Hatter, and blue blob I've ever seen!
Seriously though, how cool is that blue blob costume?!  I'm sort of obsessed!

 
And they're off!
 
Toby and I stayed home to hand out candy.  He did pretty well considering our door bell rang a thousand times!  We had a couple of mishaps with him escaping and a vase breaking...but overall he did great!  

 
Reese got to pick one treat before bed.  As she looked through her bucket she exclaimed "I love hot air balloons!!"  She meant air heads, but it was pretty cute regardless!
 
The perfect ending to a wonderful day!



1 comment: