Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Bad Parents!

So, Kevin and I may win the award for worst parents ever!!  Last night Reese was really "off".  She was really lethargic and didn't want to eat.  She asked to go to bed and then about 30 minutes later woke up crying hysterically.  She said her tummy and back hurt.  I laid with her trying to calm her down, but she was just writhing incessantly.  After wrestling around for a bit she decided she was hungry.  She came down and ate, but just seemed off.  She finally went back down and slept the whole night.  Then this morning she seemed totally fine.

I asked at school and they said she had a great day.  Ate well, didn't complain about anything, played like normal.  But then when we got home the same thing happened.  She was really needy and kept saying she was tired and didn't want to eat.  This time we made her eat and then put her down like normal.  Again, she woke up and just seemed so uncomfortable.  She didn't have a fever, but I decided to take her to urgent care.  Reese is actually a pretty tough little girl and she doesn't usually complain for no reason.

So... at 8:40 we left the house...

 
Feeling sleepy while she waited for the doctor.
 
 
Deep in thought.

 
Pitiful...this look was breaking her mommy's heart. 


 
Finally a smile!

 
Silly girl!

 
And she's out!
 
...and now just over two and a half hours later we are back home with the diagnosis of UTI.  Reese has had her first dose of meds and is sound asleep.  Hopefully she will start to feel better soon!
 
In other news, today when I picked the kids up Reese told me she had to go potty.  We went into the bathroom in her classroom so she could go.  When she was finished Finn insisted that he had to go.  He pulled down his pants and then made me take his diaper off.  He sat on the potty for awhile, but nothing happened.  I still think it's a step in the right direction that he is already showing interest!  Hopefully he will be easy to potty train!  I'm ready anytime Finn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment