Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fun Weekend!!

This weekend was so fun!!  We had all kinds of stuff going on!  Friday evening the kids' school had an auction.  It's their big fundraiser each year.  Last year Kevin and I went but weren't expecting much.  We ended up having a great time.  This year we bought tickets and were planning on going again.  As it turned out, there was a craft beer festival that Kevin really wanted to go to and it was at the same time.  So, we divided and conquered.  He went to the beer festival with some friends.  There were four different raffle drawings for gift cards and Kevin won two of them!  The kids and I went to the auction.  I met some new families from the school and had a great time!  I even made some purchases that I'm pretty excited about.  The auction was over a little after 8:00 so the kids and I weren't out too late...but even so they were both exhausted!  They both crashed in the car.  When we got home I woke Reese up and asked her to go rest on the couch while I put Finn to bed.  By the time I got Finn out of his car seat and came into the house she was already out cold....

 
Sweet Angel!
 
A few minutes later she was all snuggled up in bed....and you know how I love a sleeping baby!
 
 
I do not know how she sleeps with all of those stuffed animals!
 
Then on Saturday the adults went to Stillwater.  Miss Taylor was brave enough to keep all four of the kids by herself while we were gone!  We've been planning this Stillwater trip for months.  My brothers friend, Kerry, and his girlfriend, Leslie, came to visit Scott and Julie from Denver.  Kevin and I have met Kerry and Leslie and really like them.  Since they were going to be in town we all decided to go to the OSU game and stay the night in Stillwater.  It also turned out that several of my very best friends from OSU were able to make the trip.  We planned a tailgate and truly had the best time!  I absolutely love Stillwater and the Pokes...but being there with my friends and family was just awesome!  And the weather was PERFECT!!
 
 
Kevin working his magic on his new tailgating grill!

 
Pete!

 
The cookies I had made for the big event!
 
 
73 University Circle...roomie reunion!
College would not have been the same without these girls!
 
 
Go Pokes!
 
I wish I would have taken more pictures at the tailgate.  We were able to see so many friends!  And we had a blast with Kerry and Leslie!  We also met the new man in Heather's life and I'm pretty sure he fit right in!  It was great to finally meet Greg in person!

 
Brother and I with the biggest smiles EVER!
Love the photo bomber in the back :)
 
OSU played KU.  We only stayed at the game until half time because it was a blowout.  We headed back to the tailgate for awhile and then decided to check into the hotel.  We stayed on campus at the Atherton Hotel.  Based on our rate and it being a "boutique" hotel I had pretty high expectations.  It's fair to say I was let down!
 
When we walked in to check in the entire lobby smelled like poop....seriously....it was awful!  Then we went up to our room and saw this...
 
 
How nasty is this ceiling?!

 
There was a cute little duck though :)

 
And a super random roll of toilet paper, wrapped up, on the floor of the closet?!

 
After you made it past the ceiling that was caving in the actual room was decent.
 
Next stop after checking in was Coney!  Coney is delicious and just what we needed to fuel up for the night!
 
 
This is the only picture Kevin and I took together!



 
Brother with his "kiss my stache" cup!
 
Our final stop of the evening was Murphy's.  It is so funny how that bar feels so familiar and yet I haven't lived in Stillwater for over 11 years now.  It's crazy! 
 
 
All the girls with our jello shots!
Some things never change :)

 
Casey, me, Katie, Sarah
 
This morning as we were driving home, Taylor sent me this sweet picture of the kids.
 



 
Adorable cousins!
I love how Finn's tummy is hanging out!
 
 
Mitchell came over to see the kids this weekend too!
Finn adores Mitchell!
 
After all the fun and excitement, I'm pretty tired...but I am hosting one of my bunco groups here tomorrow night so I'm off to clean and get ready!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment