Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!!

Today was a wonderful day!  I love that I can celebrate my mom and being a mom at the same time!  For me, being a mom isn't always easy.  To be honest, some days it sucks!  But when I look at my babies and I see how fast they are growing up I get sentimental.  I want them to stay little so that I can snuggle them up and so that they need me to take care of them.  Every day Reese needs me less and less.  While it is awesome, it is also sad.  My babies have taught me so much!  I thank God everyday for the gift of motherhood!

We had such a lovely day!  We started by going to church.  Mimi and Papa joined us which is always so nice.  Then we went to brunch at the Gilcrease Museum.  This was a deviation from our tradition which has been Cafe Ole for several years now.  We arrived at the museum before Scott and Julie and the kids so we took the opportunity to walk around and explore the gardens.  It was a beautiful day and the landscaping was breathtaking.  We took a ton of photos!

 
My precious Reese Kathryn!
 
 
Me and my peanut butter jelly girl with a Reese-y on top!
 
 
Three generations!
 
 
Reese and her daddy!
 
As we toured the gardens Reese was finding all kinds of ladybugs!  She was having a blast!  She liked getting them on her hand and then saying "Ladybug, Ladybug, Fly away home"!
 
 
Reese watching a ladybug fly off her arm!
 
 
Finn and Papa enjoying the action!
 
 
Happy Boy!
 
 
 Mimi, Finn, and Papa enjoying the shade!
 
 
My stinker Finnegan Bates!
 
 
My precious babies!  Their smiles fill my heart!
 
Unfortunately, the brunch was very poorly organized.  We had to wait forever and everyone was getting anxious!  The good news was that it was another beautiful day so killing time outside was enjoyable.  By the time we were seated we were all really hungry and on the verge of being grumpy...but then we enjoyed bloody mary's and some delicious food!  The views from the dining area were truly stunning!  Being surrounded by the ones we love the most helped a bit too!
 
My precious niece and nephew brought me flowers!  I can't say how much these two mean to me!  I know that moving to Tulsa has been an adjustment for their family...but being able to share in days like today with them means the world to me!
 



Sweet Alexis Rose with my flowers!
 
 
All the girls!
 
 
Cuties!!
 
When we got home from brunch Finn said another new word....Reese!!  It was so awesome!  We were walking in from the garage and he reached out for her and said her name :)
 
After the babies were down, Kevin and I went to mom's house to plant her begonias.  This has been our tradition for years now.  The only problem is that it makes me work on my day!  There is no one else in the world that I would do it for though....my mommy deserves the very best!  And she loves her begonias!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment