Monday, August 1, 2011

Girls Trip

This past weekend I went on an amazing trip with my college girl friends!  We went to Galveston and had a blast!  This was our second annual trip...and they are yet to disappoint.  It doesn't matter where we go, this group will have fun no matter what.  I feel so fortunate to have such a wonderful group of friends...I miss them when we aren't together.

The trip started out pretty funny!  I met my friends Erin and Heather at the Tulsa Airport.  Erin and I beat Heather there so we went ahead and went through security.  Erin is about 17 weeks pregnant...I am about 8 weeks, but none of the girls knew yet.  So, Erin and I start to go through security and she decides that she shouldn't go through the scanner.  She tells me that it isn't safe because she is pregnant...at this point I get super paranoid and don't want to go through the scanner either, but don't know a good way to approach it.  I enourage Erin to ask the TSA officer if it is safe or not...he says it is completely safe, but Erin still opts for the pat down.  I decide to take my chances with the scanner.  After my 4 seconds of harmful radio waves, my baby and I were on our way.  We got to sit down and enjoy the show of Erin's fondling...pat down.  It was pretty funny!

Then when we get to the Houston airport and arrive in baggage claim Erin says "can you get my bag since I'm pregnant?"  So, I end up lugging her bag and mine to the car.  Clearly my stubbornness has backfired at this point...I should have just told her, but I really wanted to tell all the girls together.

Here are some pics from the weekend...

These are the best girls ever!


I've got my toes in the water.....life is good today!


Loving the view!


A night out on the town....


Another group pic!


Just a little love for Katie's baby :)  Clearly this is totally normal and not awkward at all!

And the "word on the street" was that "owling" and "planking" are hip / trendy things to do right now.  So, as to not be outdone by a younger generation, we decided to give it a whirl!


Wicker showing the crew how it is done.


Kappa Owl Kylie!


Wade's turn....I mean, how awesome are we?!


Since planking might smash my baby and owling requires balance I decided just to sit on the post and look cute, mission accomplished!

The weekend was a much needed "break" with my girls and I can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment