My friend Laura and her daughter Claire joined the Sungate pool this summer. It is a really nice neighborhood pool just 3 miles from our house. Now that I know more about it I think we will consider joining it in the future. Anyway, Claire and Reese are just a few months apart. We have a standing "swim date" with Laura and Claire on Wednesday afternoons. This has been really fun! Reese loves swimming and it's a nice opportunity for her and Claire to play. These play dates started several weeks ago (I'm just really behind in posting).
So, our first Wednesday I load Reese up and we head to the pool. We are all playing in the kiddie pool and Reese is really enjoying the little slide. All of the sudden I look over and there is brown running out of her diaper...SICK! I grad her and run to the bathroom. I get her into the shower and have to clean poop out of her diaper and off of her. It was disgusting! We come out of the bathroom and the manager is treating the pool. It wasn't too bad so they were able to "spot" treat it.
We get home and I am telling Kevin what happened. I decide to put Reese in the shower with me so that we can get it over with. As we are undressing her to get in the shower, she peed all over the bathroom floor. REALLY?! Pee and poop in the same afternoon?!
So, the next Wednesday comes and Reese and I head off to the pool. We've been there a while playing when I look over and guess what....more poop! I grab her and run her to the bathroom. Same story. This time it was a bigger foul and the kiddie pool had to be shut down for 20 minutes. We head home, go to get in the shower, and she pees on the bathroom floor. SERIOUSLY?! It's like freaking deja vu. As Kevin is cleaning up the pee it looks at me and with pure disgust in his voice says "I cannot do this every Wednesday."
Um really!? Would you rather have the job of showering off the poop in the public bathroom?!
I was sincerely amazed when Laura actually invited us back. I was so nervous that I was trying to feed Reese bananas to "stop" her up. I also put TWO swim diapers on her in hopes that "double bagging" it might help :)
We haven't had any more accidents...thank god! I really don't think I could have done it many more times!
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I don't know what is making me laugh harder...the fact that you were feeding your daughter bananas to hopefully constipate her, OR, the fact that she shut the kiddie pool down for 20 minutes. I am dying!
ReplyDelete