Thursday, August 4, 2011
Update on Reese's Hand
On Tuesday morning we went back to the burn center. When the nurse unwrapped Reese's hand I about passed out. Kevin had been doing the wound care because I was gone over the weekend. Most of the blisters had popped and there was a lot of loose skin. The nurse washed the wound and peeled off all of the loose skin...again, not something that this mommy handled well. The Dr's bedside manner wasn't much better, but he told us that Reese's hand was healing well...which was wonderful news! She no longer has to wear the bandage or use the ointment. From now on we are just supposed to carry on as "normal". The only problem is that Reese totally ignores her right hand still. It's as if it doesn't exist. She does EVERYTHING with her left hand. Hopefully she will start using her right hand again soon.
Labels:
everyday stuff,
little miss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I didn't know about the burn! Poor baby! I am so sorry!
ReplyDelete