To say that I am exhausted is a understatement. Life just seems to be beyond crazy right now. Today, my dad had to have surgery. His right carotid artery was 75% blocked and they had to go in to remove the plaque build up. The crazy thing is that he had NO idea there was a problem. Mom and dad's church was offering health screenings. You had to sign up and they were $189 per person. They wavered back and forth as to if they even needed to sign up or not. Thank GOD that they did! The screening identified a "possible" blockage in dad's carotid and referred him to his primary care physician. From there he was referred to a cardiologist. After several tests, it was determined that surgery was needed. While I hate seeing my dad go through surgery (it is so hard to see the strongest man in my life, my rock and protector for so many years in such a vulnerable state) I am so so so thankful that he decided to do the screening. What a tremendous blessing...that $189 easily could have saved my dad's life.
Because of the surgery schedule and Kevin's crazy work schedule right now I had to have Taylor come over and spend the night last night. Taylor is Reese's babysitter and was a life saver for us today. She spent the night and then got up with Reese and took her to "school" for us. While mom and I were in the surgery waiting room Taylor texted me this picture.....
How can that picture not make your day a little better?! I about died! She is so cute she melts my heart!
Dad did well during surgery. His doctor was STRANGE to say the least, but he got the job done. Dad has to stay in the hospital for a night or two, but overall he was really in good spirits throughout the day. The nurse came in to tell dad that she couldn't believe he was really 68. For those of you who don't know my dad he looks WAY younger than he is.
After I picked Reese up from school we went back to see Papa. She was a little taken back when she saw him. I don't think she knew what was going on. As she hung out and ate her dinner she adjusted to seeing Papa's boo boo.
When we got home I had to give Reese a bath. She gave me another really good laugh :) I have a cup from Billy Sims that I leave in her bath to rinse her with. I set the cup on the side of the tub, she looked at it and said "Daddy!"
Me: (looking over my shoulder for Kevin...who was no where to be found) "What honey?!"
Reese: (pointing to the picture below) "That looks like daddy!"
Um, what?! Hee Hee :)
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Okay, that does NOT look like Kevin. That is hilarious. I cracked up laughing. :)
ReplyDelete