Wednesday, September 21, 2011

OSU vs. TU Game

Saturday night Kevin and I went to the OSU vs. TU game.  It was in Tulsa and the perfect opportunity for us to finally make it to a game.  Now that we have a family, it is really hard to go to Stillwater for a game.  We haven't been to a regular season game in years.  Needless to say we were really looking forward to it!

Ashlee and Billy came in town from Houston to go to the game as well.  It was great seeing them!  The weather on Saturday was awesome!  The one slight downfall was that because of TV scheduling, the game didn't start until 9:00 pm.  Me...being preggo...was a little bit worried about staying up so late, but I knew we would have a blast.  My parents graciously offered to watch Reese for us so that we didn't have to pay for a sitter.

We get a little bit of a late start and get to TU around 8:30.  We were driving around trying to find parking for awhile...it was packed.  Kevin finds a really good spot and decides to take it...the only downfall was that there was a sign about 6 feet away that says "No Parking During Events".  I'm guessing that football games qualify as "events" but Kevin didn't care.

As we walk into the gates my dad texts me and says that there is a threat of severe weather.  Well, sure enough, our night turned south quickly.  As we were walking to our seats, an announcement came over the speaker that said severe weather, seek shelter immediately.  Everyone filed out of the stadium and headed over to the basketball arena.  We were like trapped rats.  Occasionally they would give us an update.

Here is a pic of Ashlee and I "waiting out the storm" or storms as it turned out.  The teams finally took the field at 11:55 with kickoff around 12:15.  We stayed until half time and then finally called it.  We got home a little after two in the morning.

Okay, so one of the highlights of our captivity was this picture.  You can't see it that well...but I am wearing a headband and flower clip.  I went to a craft show earlier in the day and totally fell victim to a killer sales pitch.  I'm not sure that I love it, but I rocked it for the game.  Anyway, right before the picture was taken Ashlee walked up and said "Aren't you cute with your headband!"  I just kind of laughed.  Then she stepped closer, took a better look at my flower and said "Morgan has the same exact flower"!  Okay, so the reason that is so funny is because Morgan is Ashlee's 4 month old daughter!!!  LOL!  My "trendy" look clearly backfired when I have the same clip as a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment