Finn was napping and missed out on the family picture.
This game was kind of strange for me. OSU and TCU are both my schools. I graduated from both universities and they both mean a lot to me. TCU joined the Big 12 this year so they are now in the same conference...it's so strange. I noticed that while I am generally indifferent to the opponents fans that I kept checking out all the cute TCU fans :) I loved seeing all the purple and the fans that rolled out to support the Horned Frogs.
Now, that being said, I was dressed in orange and cheering on my Pokes! It was definitely strange, but ultimately I bleed a little bit more orange than purple. The game turned out to be pretty exciting and the Cowboys pulled off another victory!
We really enjoyed celebrating mom's birthday! I appreciate that her and dad love OSU as much as Kevin and I do.
While we were at the game, Taylor took Reese and Finn to a birthday party for Reese's friend Caroline. The only problem was that I didn't communicate well and they showed up an hour late for the party! Taylor told Reese what happened and apologized for her missing most of the party. Reese's response was "It's okay Taylor. It was an accident." When Taylor told me this my heart just melted. Reese really amazes me sometimes...she is so sweet and understanding. There isn't much that upsets her.
Mimi, happy happy birthday! We sure enjoyed spending the day with you! We are so extremely blessed to have you as our mom / Mimi! You have taught us more about compassion and generosity than you will ever know. We admire and respect you! We are honored that you spent the entire day celebrating with us....we love you to the moon and back!

No comments:
Post a Comment