Saturday Kevin and I went to Stillwater for the Homecoming football game. We went to the game with our friends Scott and Lauren Fletcher. It was great seeing them and catching up! Homecoming in Stillwater is one of my favorite celebrations! The only downfall was that it was crazy hot. It's the middle of October and I got a sun burn! Our cowboys pulled out a victory over Iowa State.
A lovely self portrait :)
This morning after church I talked Kevin into taking me to the nursery to buy some fall flowers. While we were there, Reese introduced herself to one of the owners, Sue. Sue was very friendly and helpful! Anyway, when we got home Reese (and Finn) went down for naps and Kevin and I got busy planting flowers. Reese wanted to help with the planting, but she really needed a nap. When she woke up she came down to the kitchen and found Kevin holding a water pitcher.
Reese: "Daddy, what are you doing?"
Kevin: "I was watering the new flowers."
Reese: "Oh, because Sue said?"
Kevin (looking at me with a puzzled look): "What Reese?"
Reese: "You watered because Sue told you to?"
Kevin: "Who is Sue?"
Reese: "The flower lady"
The things that Reese picks up on and the associations she makes truly amaze us! She is one bright cookie!

No comments:
Post a Comment