Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It's Official.....Finn's Crawling!

Today, Finn started to crawl...officially on all fours...what a mix of emotions!  We were sitting on the floor playing with our Parents As Teachers facilitator and he just took off.  It was crazy!

 
This picture was actually taken on Monday at Mimi and Papa's, but it shows Finn in his "starting position".  This time he crawled out of his shoe...much more acceptable than his pants!
 
I know that things are going to get even busier around our house now that he is officially mobile, but I am ready!  Watching this little guy reach his milestones is amazing!  Being a parent is an awesome gift....and it's accomplishments like this that just put me on cloud 9.
 
In other news, Reese is back to not napping at school :( The shoes worked so well I thought that we might have some luck with a new headband.  Okay, so I am a terrible parent and have to bribe my child, but I've accepted this.  If it means that she rests we are all better in the long run.  So, Monday I showed her a new headband I bought her and told her she could have it after her nap at school.  Well, no luck.  It was still in her cubby when I picked her up and she was exhausted.  Today I tried again...I promised the headband and a pumpkin.  No dice.  When I went to get her her eyes were all red and blotchy.  We were going to meet my mom for dinner at Chuy's.  The thing about Chuy's is that they give the kids sherbet push pops for dessert.  So, when we got in the car I told her that since she didn't nap she wouldn't be able to have dessert.  Reese's response was "maybe I can rest in the car mommy".  However, every time I looked at her she was playing with Finn or with her golf club.  Until...
 
 
 
She completely passed out!
 
Moral of the story....Reese will sleep for shoes and ice cream....otherwise don't bother!

 


1 comment: