I recently ordered her a pair of shoes. They came in the mail yesterday and I put them up in her room. Last night I had some friends over for a cooking class so Kevin kept the kids upstairs. Right before he put Reese to bed he called down the stairs to tell me that Reese wanted to show us her new shoes. So she came down in her jammies and new shoes and "modeled" them for everyone. Of course my friends made a big deal about them and gave her tons of compliments. You should have seen her strutting her stuff!!
So, this morning when she woke up, she popped out of bed and said "mommy, I want to wear my new shoes". DING!!!!!
Me: "Well honey, you can't wear them until you take a nap at school."
Reese: "BUT MOMMY!! I want to wear them!"
Me: "Reesey, I said you could wear them just not until you take a nap. We will take them to school and if you take your nap you can put them on. Okay?"
Reese: "Ok mommy"
I was shocked that she agreed! We packed them up and took them with us. She was so proud of them and showed them to all of her friends and teachers. I was anxious all day to see if this "bribe" actually worked. When I went to pick her up I went into her classroom and saw the "old" shoes in her cubby...she NAPPED!!!
Here are the sleep inducing shoes!
Neither of these pictures actually do the shoes justice...they are super cute!
After dinner tonight Reese got kind of wound up. She asked to watch a show before bed time, but while it was on she got in her car and started "running errands". At one point she said "Mommy, Daddy, I'm going to Starbucks, do you want a drink?" I ordered a pumpkin spice latte and Kevin ordered a mocha. A second later she pulls behind the couch and places her order. We were laughing as we listened to her and then out of nowhere she adds "and a decaf mocha." Clearly, I go to Starbucks way too often and my daughter is a nosey posey!
And from Finn's corner....he has his first cold. It is just pitiful. He hasn't been sleeping well and has this heartbreaking little cough. He isn't eating well either. We did go to the doctor yesterday and there isn't anything we can do. Poor little man!

No comments:
Post a Comment