Thursday, March 13, 2014

OH My Vomit!!

Oh my!!  Today has been quite a day!  Last night, I scheduled to meet some new real estate clients.  My dad has been helping with the kids a lot lately for work and I took for granted that he would be available when I told them I could meet them.  Well, he couldn't.  He had a dentist appointment right at the same time that I needed him.  Totally my fault for not checking with him first.  But it was no big deal..plan B, right?!  Well, I went through 14 other sitters and came up empty.  FOURTEEN!!  I was a stressed out maniac!  Fortunately, the kids school allowed me to bring them up for the afternoon.  It was such a blessing!  I love their school for hundreds of reasons, but this is one of them.

So, I dropped the kids off and went to meet my clients.  At one of the houses, there was this really great bench set up as a little reading "nook".

 
The only problem was it's location.  How exactly do you get up there to read?!
 
I always enjoy showing houses.  You truly never know what to expect.  There are all kinds of homes and sometimes at the top of stairs you don't know what you will find.
 
 
Take these stairs for instance.  They were at the top of the main staircase. 
What could be up there?!  A game room?  A bedroom?
 
 
Nope!!  A massage room!  Score!  Random, a tad, but what a dream come true!
If I could have this in my house, with someone who could actually perform a massage, I would be in HEAVEN!
 
While I was out showing, I got a text from the kids school.  That said "Of course the day you were in a bind  you have a sick kiddo.  Finn is vomiting everywhere."
 
Are you kidding me?!  Finn has never thrown up in his entire life!  What the heck?!  Poor baby!  I had to cancel the rest of my showings and go get him.  Well, I actually called Kevin to ask him to get the kids until I could get home...one problem, my car is getting automatic start installed today.  So, Kevin was at home with no vehicle.  Perfect...I've been putting off this installation since Christmas and I finally scheduled it today, of all days!
 
When I got to ECC to pick up the kids, Finn's poor teacher was sitting in the office just holding him.  Her eyes were huge when she explained the amount of vomiting that had occurred.  She then hands Finn to me and says, I better get you some bags for the car.  At this point, I expect her to get me a Target bag or two.  I watch her get out a big trash can liner and for a minute I think that she has forgotten that she offered to get me some Target bags.  Oh no!  I was so wrong.
 
 
We left with a barf BUCKET, not bag!
 
Poor Finn!  He is seriously sick :( He has been puking all day.  And the worst part is that he is starving and keeps begging, literally pleading, for food.  It's awful!  We've never had a kid just puke everywhere until today.  At one point, the kids were on the couch watching a show and I got up for a minute.  I came back into the room to find Reese pinned in the corner of the couch between TWO piles of vomit...one on the couch and one on a blanket.  And to top things off, Toby was standing there eating puke off of Finn's shirt.  SO GROSS!  Praying that he feels better tomorrow!  And that the rest of us don't get this bug.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment