Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekend Recap

This recap is going all the way back to Thursday because apparently that's when the weekend started for me :) Thursday was a beautiful spring day!  The kids and I went to the zoo, with most of Tulsa.  It was crazy busy, but a very fun morning!  We really enjoyed seeing the animals!  We also rode the train which was a huge hit with Reese and Finn.  Reese asked me several times to take their picture, but my phone was out of memory and I didn't take the big camera...mommy failure!

Friday morning I had to show houses, but then the kids and I went to Bounce U for an open bounce.  This was a first for Finn.  He had never been to Bounce U.  He was a little timid at first, but warmed up quickly and had a great time!  Reese was like an old pro!  She always has a great time there!

As I was putting Finn down for his nap on Friday, he said "mommy, read Brown Bear?".  Brown Bear is hands down his favorite story right now.  I said "sure honey!, we just need to finish changing your diaper".  To which he replied "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?  I see a red bird looking at me"!  The ENTIRE first page like it was no big deal!  It was so stinking cute!!

During the kids naps, I had to show houses again.  When we arrived at one of the homes, the garage door was up and there was a truck in the garage.  I went up and rang the doorbell and no one answered.  I went back to the car and jokingly told my clients "I bet he is in there pooping"!  Well, after several texts and phone calls it turns out the sellers had left, but had left the garage door open.  The next house was a new construction home.  We got there and there was an entire paint crew working in the home.  They said it was okay for us to walk through so we did.  As we entered the master bathroom, my client Mallory, was greeted by a closed door to the toilet......we really did find someone pooping!!  You would not have believed how quickly and quietly we got the heck out of there!

Friday evening, the family came over for pizza and to watch the DVD of the girls nutcracker performance.  Scott and Julie were out of town for the actual show so we made a date out of it.  Julie got in a wreck earlier in the evening which was a major bummer.  Fortunately, she and Alexis were okay.  After we ate, we turned off the lights and all snuggled up on the couch for the girls big performance.  They were pretty excited to see themselves!

Saturday morning, Reese and Finn had a birthday party.  The party was a joint party for Landen and Logan, brothers from their school.  The party was really fun!

 
Kennedy, Gigi, and Reese all decided to be matching pink kitty cats!
 
 
The "whole face" paint thing honestly freaked me out a little!
Kitty going skating!
 
 
Finn got a pretty cool Spiderman balloon!
 
 
Then he decided to try out face painting!
Our Ninja Turtle!

 
And because Reese skated, Finn needed to try also!

 
He was really brave!

 
Then Saturday evening we went to church with Mimi and Papa.  After church, Tay Tay came to stay with the kids while Mimi, Papa, Kevin, and I went on a date.  We went to a wonderful dinner at Smoke and then went to see Divergent.  Staci and Jason were able to meet us for the movie too!  We went to AMC because they have new reclining seats...they were amazing!!  It was a very enjoyable night!
 
Then today we were pretty low key.  We went to brunch and Target and that was about it.  This evening for bath time we let the kids try out our whirlpool tub.  They had a blast playing in the "bubbles"!  Their laughter was infectious!  I have a feeling we may have opened a can of worms :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment