Monday, March 10, 2014

Show and Share Drama


Mondays in Reese's class are "show and share" days.  They don't do the typical show and tell, but bring something that they can actually share with their friends and play with.  Well, for some reason, we haven't been great about remembering or letting Reese participate.  On the way to school today she remembered about it and asked Kevin.  Well, being a good dad, he searched through the car and found the head band and arm band she got at the Globetrotters.  She and Finn love wearing them so it seemed like the perfect, last minute solution.

Well, when I picked her up this afternoon she was being pretty pitiful.  I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she never wanted to do show and share again.  When I asked why she said "Because no one likes my stuff.  No one wanted to look at my stuff."  It was heart wrenching.  She was really upset about it and it was not easy for this momma to watch.

I decided I couldn't take it and called her teacher to see what she had to say.  She simply explained that she believed the reason the kids didn't play with Reese's items was because they didn't really know what they were.  When it's show and share time, the kids just put the items they brought on a special table and let their friends explore them.  They don't actually present the items or explain what they are.  It also turns out that another kid brought minions today....which were probably much more fun to play with.  Anyway, it was pretty much our fault but now we know.  When / if she ever decides to participate again we will know to send something really fun to play with :)

Reese, I hate that you had your feelings hurt today.  It kills mommy and daddy to see you hurting.  We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment