Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Aging

At school I have been given the wonderful task of helping in the cafeteria during the Kindergarten lunch period.  To say that I wasn't thrilled with this assignment is an understatement.  But, as the year has gone on I have worked on my attitude.  I try not to let those needy little babies, dirty little hands, messy little eaters the chaos of the cafeteria bother me.
Anyway, I am fighting a little cold right now.  Reese has strep and my throat has been killing me.  Since it's the end of the year I am ignoring my "symptoms" because I have too much to get done.  The biggest problem I am having is that my voice keeps going out. 
Yesterday I was on my phone talking to a friend and she said "I can't hear you, your phone is cutting out"....well that wasn't my phone, it was just my voice.
So, back to the cafeteria, yesterday I was in there helping a little guy get some fruit.  I asked him what he wanted from the fruit and salad bar.  He looks up at me with a puzzled expression and says:  "You look old."

Me: "What?!"

Little Boy: "You look older."

Me: "I look older or sound older?"

Little Boy: "Ah, you sound older!!"

Well, whether or not he really thought I looked older can not be confirmed or denied....but I sure feel better thinking it was just my scratchy voice that was throwing him off.

No comments:

Post a Comment