Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yellow Hair

This week I had two boys in speech with me.  When they got there I was sending my supervisor an email.  I told them to have a seat and we would get started in just a minute.  They sat very quietly and waited patiently.  A minute later I turned around and said "Okay, are we ready to work?"

Student A (2nd grade male, very smart, great sense of humor): "Wait a minute, I don't recognize you?"

Me (please note that my hair was straight and had just been highlighted): "You don't recognize me?"

Student A: "No, I think that you are Mrs. Launchbaugh but I'm just not sure."

Student B (3rd grade male, on the autism spectrum, one of my favorite students EVER): "I like your yellow hair."

Student A: "Me too.  It's pretty."

Me: "Thanks guys!" (Crap!?  Does my hair really look yellow?!  I was going more for subtle blond highlights?"

3 comments:

  1. HAHA!! Love it! My first year of teaching I wore my hair curly one day... my students FLIPPED out. One little guy kept calling it my "wiggly" hair=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how kiddos refer to blond hair as "yellow." I bet your yellow hair looks truly lovely -- subtly sun-kissed I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! I love your school stories....and your yellow hair. :)

    ReplyDelete