Last Monday they did a biopsy to determine which type of Lymphoma we were dealing with. I was told we would have the results on Thursday. Well, Thursday came and went with no call from the vet. I was trying not to be a
1. Put Bentley on Prednisone which is a steroid. This would help ease any discomfort and minimize the size of the tumors. On this he is estimated to have 3 - 6 months.
2. Begin chemo treatments. This option is very expensive and still doesn't "cure" the disease. At best, they estimated he would have 12 - 14 months.
We decided to begin his Prednisone. I had another melt down. I really felt like it was the beginning of the end. I cried and cried and cried. At one point Reese looked at me and said "Wipe tears, Mommy. Mommy, wipe tears." When she said this, it hit me like a TON of bricks....I had to get my act together! It wasn't fair to Reese or Bentley or Kevin or myself to be a blubbering mess. I needed to get my act together and focus on the happy times that we have had together and enjoy the time we have left...Iev need to enjoy every second I have left with my sweet doggie.
So, that's what I've done. I've decided to focus on the good. Bentley loves fetching, so that's what we have been doing.
Ready, Set, Go!
Cuteness!
Reese decided to take a break from throwing the ball to Bentley so that she could groom Bodie. It's a good thing he is patient!
They both got distracted by something!! I think it was a butterfly :)
Back on track...she had the poor guy stuck there for a good 10 minutes.
Bentley and Bodie enjoying the beautiful weather!
Here is a picture of Bentley's stitches from where they did the biopsy.

This absolutely breaks my heart. My animals are my world! I can't imagine being in your position. Enjoy every moment with Bentley. He is a very cute dog!
ReplyDeleteLove you girl. You've been on my heart and mind. I'm here if you need to talk!
ReplyDeleteSo heartbreaking, Sarah. Prayers, hugs and lots of happy time left with your little guy!
ReplyDelete