Today we returned home from our trip to Denver. We had a wonderful trip (I will post more later) but a brutal return. We left Kevin's parents house in Salida this morning just before 10:00. We drove straight to the airport for our flight at 3:25. Reese has developed a cold the last few days and hasn't slept well. Anyway, she was really good on the car ride to the airport and slept for about an hour.
When we got to the airport, she began to go downhill. We made it through security and picked up food to eat at the gate. Shortly after eating, we found out that our flight was delayed over 2 hours. At this point, things got REALLY ugly. Reese was exhausted but refused to sleep. She was all over the place and would not settle down. Kevin and I got very frustrated and then of course got annoyed with each other...because that always helps!
At one point she was climbing all over the chair and her legs went through the crack between the seat and back part of the chair. She looked at me and said "I suck mommy I suck". While she clearly meant to say that she was stuck I agreed with the statement that she sucked!!
We made it through the flight...barely...we got home about 8:30 and Reese hadn't eaten. So, we made her a quick dinner. About half way through she puked EVERYWHERE!
I am so glad that today is over and that we are home!
Friday, July 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am laughing so hard at the "I suck comment." I am sure traveling with kids does suck which is why in try to never fly with my children!
ReplyDelete