Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fishing Fun!

Last summer when we were in Salida we tried to go fishing, but didn't have much luck.  The weather was overcast...and started raining on us....and we didn't catch a single fish.
So, we decided to try it again.  This time we took Reese....we had a great time and made some wonderful memories :)
The lake that we went to this time was nestled in the mountains and surrounded by trees.  It was serene, beautiful, and relaxing!

I mean, look at this place?!  Stunning!  Here are the troops setting up!


Reese opted for lunch as soon as we got there.  Since this was her first experience fishing she wasn't exactly sure what was going on....however, she knew that eating would be a safe bet.


Kevin getting started.  We ended up challenging each other to a little competition...more on that in a minute.


Here I am in action!  I am such a fishing pro...I didn't even bait my own hook the entire day!


After Reese's tummy was full she started to show some interest into what was going on.  She liked standing by the water to "watch" for the fish.


Reese helping daddy! 

Shortly after this Nana took Reese home to take a nap.  Kevin, Paul, and I stayed to get our fish on.  The results of the family fishing challenge were Sarah 8 and Kevin 11.  I hate to admit defeat, but I can't really complain...between the two of us we were catching fish right and left.  It was a really, really fun day!

Later that evening we decided to go "into town" and eat dinner.  While we were in town we walked around and went to a park.


Daddy and Reese on the swings in town!


Nana and Papa Paul watching the river...the water was up REALLY high!


I can't swear to it, but I think I caught Papa Paul in the act of trying to get fresh with Nana :)


More fun on the swings!

No comments:

Post a Comment