Monday, April 25, 2011

Bunny Drama

One of the biggest challenges that I have had this Easter is getting a picture of Reese and the bunny.  Silly...I know.  But it's one of those things that as a parent you have to do.  So, on Saturday the 16th (yes I am behind on blogging) we went to an Easter event that advertised pictures with the bunny.  The "event" was at the church affiliated with Reese's school.  So we show up ready to go.  We talked about taking our picture with the bunny the entire way there.  I walk in and the bunny is to my left sitting in a chair.  In front of me is the registration table.  I walk up to fill out some information and point out the bunny.  I finish the paperwork, Reese is ready to go, we turn to the left to walk to the bunny and the bunny TAKES HER HEAD OFF!  Are you kidding me?!  Reese starts crying immediately!  (Dear bunny, you are NEVER supposed to take your head off in front of kids!!  Bad bunny!)  Then the bunny says, "there are activities in the gym, you could always come back later".  So off to the gym.

There we....

Decorated a flower pot

Played golf...a girl after her daddy's heart.

Got a flower painted her hand.  (She looks so "big" in this picture....it melts my heart.)

Reese also decorated a cookie which was a disaster.  So, we wrapped up our activities and headed out to take our picture with the bunny....only the bunny was gone!  Are you kidding?! 

Attempt 1 at getting a photo with the Easter Bunny = FAILURE

This was Reese on the way home....

What a stinker!!

The next day was Sunday.  After church, brunch, and a nap we decided to head out to Bass Pro Shop to see the bunny there.  We loaded Reese up....talked up the bunny....arrived at 3:08 to discover that the bunny only works until 3:00 on Sunday.

Attempt 2 at getting a photo with the Easter Bunny = FAILURE

Thursday night we made ANOTHER attempt to see the bunny.  Honestly, it probably wasn't worth it, but I was determined.  I think that Reese's face says it all.

Honestly, have you ever seen a child look SO miserable with the Easter Bunny?!

Attempt 3 at getting a photo with the Easter Bunny = Mixed Results

We actually had one more run in with the bunny.....picture to come.

1 comment:

  1. You are cracking me up. I felt the same need to do alot of these things (Santa pictures, Easter pictures, etc...) with Easton but now that I have three...I don't even bother! I know, I'm a bad mom. :)

    ReplyDelete