Friday, April 1, 2011

A Wall Flower

These words will probably NEVER be used to describe my daughter....and it's fine with me!  Honestly, I love watching how outgoing she is becoming.  She is very social and loves being around her friends!  She is becoming more and more confident.  She is also nurturing.  She loves to give hugs and kisses! 

She is really starting to understand that some things belong to her and some things don't.  Her friend Rebekah came over last weekend (pics to come) and Reese was really good about making sure Rebekah had her sippy cup or stuffed animals.

Today at music (for any mommies out there I really recommend these classes...they are a blast!) she was putting her mack down on her friend Hudson.  Seriously, it was SO cute!  I love that she had no reservations...no girlie hesitations about what others would think or say.  I hope and pray that she continues to develop this confidence...I will do my best to encourage it each and every day.  I digress....she always likes to share the blocks, shakers, bells, scarfs, etc with Hudson.  But today, when it was time to do a circle dance she walked right up and grabbed his hand.  He held her hand for a few seconds and then realized what was happening and burst into tears!  She kept trying to hold his hand so I had to distract her.  Then a little while later when we were "dancing" she walked up to him again, took both hands, and tried to dance.  I could have died!!  Hudson's mom and I just laughed!  Hudson was horrified and again cried.  Not that I blame Hudson...I'm more like him...not really into people invading my space.  But I have to say I loved watching Reese!  I think that she is crushin on Hudson :) ... or "Dudson" as Reese says!

3 comments:

  1. I have the daughter with no reservations and alot of confidence! Be careful what you wish for! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she is crushin' on Hudson too! He's definitely likes a woman who can step up to the plate and take charge, because he is my shy & sensitive boy. She is a good dose of exactly what he needs! Tell Reese not to give him, he will come around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! How fun that you and Courtney are in Kindermusik together!

    ReplyDelete