Saturday, April 9, 2011

One Year Anniversary

Today marks our year anniversary in our new house!  I can't believe we have already been here a year.  I thought / hoped that we would be more settled in than we are...but I think that's just part of it.  Our move into this house definitely was not an easy one. 

Our first house was actually "Kevin's".  He bought the house a couple of years before we got married.  We both loved that house.  It was perfect for us!  We made tons of great memories there...including bringing our baby girl home from the hospital.  It was shortly after having a newborn that we started getting growing pains.  The spring after Reese was born we decided to put the house up and see what happened.  Never did we imagine that we would have 2 offers in 8 days....it was crazy!

Being in real estate, I was adamant about not looking for a new house until ours was under contract.  I knew that if we looked too early we would fall in love with a house and then "miss" out because it would sell before we were able to buy.

As soon as we walked into the "new" house we knew it was the one!  It was a great feeling for us both to agree and be excited about what our future had in store for us.  We made an offer without my parents even seeing the house (which was a BIG deal)!

The only "snag" was that we could NOT get the closing dates to coordinate.  The seller's at the new house couldn't close until April 9th, but the buyer's at the old house had to close March 22nd.  That left Kevin and I in a very bad situation, especially with a baby and two dogs.  We were lucky enough that one of my client's had a rental that was unoccupied.  She graciously allowed us to move in....which was great!  Moving twice not so great.

So on March 20th the moving company arrived to load us up....and as would happen the weather was awful...in fact it was snowing!!







Bodie and I stayed warm packing up the kitchen.

The actual day of closing I was a mess!  I cried and cried and cried.  I had a very hard time saying good bye to our "first" house.

We celebrated Reese's first Easter at our rent home during the transition.

Reese with Mimi and Papa



Reese looked so cute!  (I'm glad we have photo documentation of her dress.  She had a major blow out at brunch...she had to leave the restaurant naked and the dress didn't survive.)

No, she's not spoiled at all!

Finally, we made it to April 9th.  Kevin's mom was in town and she was a HUGE help!  She kept Reese the entire day so that Kevin and I could go to closing and spend the day furniture shopping.  We had to send the cleaners to the house before we could move in....it was HORRIFYING how dirty the previous owners left it...it was very disappointing and discouraging.

Reese helped mommy unpack in the kitchen.

Reese LOVED the stairs at the new house....she had no fear at all!


 I can't believe we have already been here a year!  We have certainly enjoyed it :) 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you and your new house! I can't believe it's already been a year-where does the time go?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwe, love the old house!!! So many fun memories!

    ReplyDelete