Friday, April 8, 2011

Medical Mystery

Let me begin by saying that I love my husband!  I love him very, very much!  He is however one of the worst patients ever...EVER!

Here are some examples:
1.  Kevin had knee surgery a couple of years ago.  During surgery, small parts of his lungs collapsed from being under for too long.  As a result, he had to blow up balloons and then suck in the air.  I had to wake him up throughout the night for this exercise.
2.  During the same recovery period of said knee, my parents brought over lunch.  Kevin was lying on the couch all hopped up on pain pills.  He said to my mom (out of nowhere) "Cathy, you should see how yellow my pee is."
3.  After having Reese, our pediatrician encouraged Kevin and I to get the DTap vaccine.  I got mine in the hospital.  Kevin went a few weeks after Reese was born.  That night about 2 in the morning, he woke me up saying that he thought he was having a reaction.  Of course I panic and run out to get the "info" sheet from his car.  It stated that "3 in 100 people MAY experience fever, body aches"...of course...why wouldn't Kevin be in the 3 percent.
4.  Remember the coconut incident?

That being said, last Thursday Kevin was driving home from working in Bartlesville.  He called me to say that he wasn't feeling well.  While, I still hate when he doesn't feel well...I sometimes wonder if he is being dramatic.  That being said...I TOTALLY had to eat my words / hesitations when he walked in the door...beelined toward the bathroom...and threw up (it was the LOUD, excessive, movie kind of throw up).

Poor Kevin :(

No comments:

Post a Comment