On Memorial Day we decided to take Reese to the children's museum. Mimi and Papa decided to join us for the adventure. It is so wonderful having my parents in the same town so that they can go on these adventures with Reese. Growing up in Denver the children's museum was one of my favorite places. I have so many fond memories of being there and exploring. Anyway, I was anxious to see what Tulsa's children's museum had to offer. To say it doesn't hold a candle to Denver's is an understatement. However, we still had a great time and Reese enjoyed exploring!
(LOTS of pictures to come to stop reading now if you aren't interested.)
Our first stop was in the jail. The look on Reese's face kills me!! She also reminds me of the old McDonald's Hamburglar.
If I saw these two convicts on the side of the road I would totally pick them up....just sayin'....aren't they the cutest?!
After visiting the jail we went into the gym area.
She wasn't totally sure what to think about the rock wall. Clearly, I am enjoying it more than she is :) And they made her wear these dorky white socks in the "gym" area.
Playing with daddy in the HUGE jungle gym!
Next stop was the theatre....how cool is this piano?! Does it not remind you of the movie Big? Reese was pondering which tune to play.
The stage area had a ton of costumes, but they were all in pretty bad shape. In fact looking back I probably shouldn't have let Reese put this thing on....it grosses me out! Oh well, she enjoyed it..sort of!
Reese LOVED singing in the microphone! She sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star about 15 times! We sat in the audience and cheered for her!
She was eating up the attention while she was on stage!
After her performance, we headed into the art studio. Please note that she is still wearing the dorky white socks....I can't believe I forgot to take them off!
Singing and painting?! Her talents are endless!
Papa helped Reese pick out just the right colors for her coloring masterpiece.
Reese played with stamps for the first time....and it was a hit!!
Then it was off to the cafe for some fake food!
Reese LOVED the mail room!!!! She ran letters back and from between the mailboxes at least 20 times.
Here she is sprinting to the next mailbox!
I've aaalllmost got it!!
Next was grocery shopping. Reese was very particular about the items that she would put in the basket.
Reese actually scanned each item in her basket and then would punch the numbers on the cash register....it was so cute!
There was a doctor's office where Mimi decided to weigh Reese. You can tell she is young and innocent...she ran to the scale with excitement :)
And a quick pic with daddy on the way out! Even though neither of them are looking at the camera, I still love pics of the two of them!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment