Reese and I set out on a new adventure yesterday....we went to Thunder Bird Farms to pick blueberries. I am SO happy that my friend Carissa invited us to tag along with her and her sister! I was clearly a "rookie" at the whole berry picking thing seeing as how I showed up in cute little flip flops and dressy shorts. (Just so you know this is NOT what you wear when it's 95 degrees and you are on a farm pickin' berries.) So, we got to the farm and Carissa had brought donuts for the kids. They all sat at the picnic tables and ate their breakfasts while the adults chatted. Then, we loaded Lily and Reese in the wagon and headed out to the field. Lily did much better sitting in the wagon than Reese did.
Reese did however get out and pick some blueberries. The only problem was that she would pick them and put them directly in her mouth instead of the bucket that you are supposed to use. She easily ate 30 blueberries and didn't die...so I guess they don't use any scary chemicals / pesticides.
Also, I forgot my camera :( Thank goodness phones have cameras now a days! I look forward to picking blueberries for many years to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment