I'm not sure if you remember this post or not....but our Sunday Brunches at the Blue Dome Dinner have come to an end.
Last weekend, our friends (and Reese's godfather) the Fletcher's came in town for Reese's birthday party (more on that later). They stayed with us Saturday night and we had a few people over for a cookout. The next morning we decided to go to brunch. Well of course Kevin and I were quick to suggest Blue Dome. So, we loaded up the car. We arrived...it was Scott, Lauren, their baby Laney, Kevin, me, Reese, Laura, Justin, and their baby Blakely. So we had a large group with 3 baby girls. We sat...got our drinks...ordered and then waited and waited and waited. After an hour and 15 minutes we asked the waiter to PLEASE check on our order. He came back to tell us that our order hadn't even been started and that it would be at LEAST 20 - 25 more minutes!! Are you kidding me?! So, we left. The Fletcher's had to get on the road back to Texas (with empty bellies) and the rest of us walked across the street to Dilly Deli.
All of that to say that we were really disappointed. We love their food, but that experience was not good. The waiter did explain that they had implemented a new system and that there were obviously some kinks...he did not EVER even once apologize for the debacle which was also frustrating.
A week goes by and like creatures of habit....guess where we went this morning?! Yep....Blue Dome. Today is Father's Day and Kevin and my dad both LOVE Blue Dome. And surely after a week and the chaos of last week they would have worked out the kinks...right?! WRONG! Again, it took over an hour, but at least we got our food today. Not only did it take forever, but the food came out at all different times and they messed up every single order.
I hate complaining and I will really miss my breakfast sandwich with no lettuce or tomato that I have eaten almost every Sunday for the last 3 years. BUT I refused to wait over an hour every Sunday (with a 2 year old) for food...period....I don't care how good it is.
And just to taunt me, today's breakfast sandwich was one of the best ones I have had in months.
Oh well, we will miss you Blue Dome!
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OMG! Are you serious?! I can't believe they had not worked the "kinks" out yet! That sucks, because I know how much you love that place! At least we didn't get our food so we don't really KNOW what we are missing :)
ReplyDelete