Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bon Appétit

Last night Canaan and I took a cooking class at Du Jour.  I had never been there or even heard much about it.  We found the deal through Living Social and decided to try it out.  Boy am I glad we "took a chance"!  It was a blast!  We had such a wonderful evening!  The facility is very quaint and welcoming.  When we arrived we were handed the menus for the evening, along with a glass of wine!  The class was VERY hands on.  In fact we were "thrown" into the kitchen and took part of every single step.  I discovered that I am not the best at whisking!  My arm was killing me :)  Our menu for the evening consisted of:

Cauliflower-Bacon Gratin
Beef Bourguignon
Sweet Potato Madeleines

All of the food was amazing!

 
 
Don't Canaan and I look like budding chefs?!
 
 
I will without a doubt be making the Gratin and Madeleines again.  I enjoyed the Beef Bourguignon but it was a lengthy "process" and don't know that I will realistically make it again...or at least not anytime soon.
 
All in all the class was a blast and I hope to go back again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment