Thursday, September 27, 2012

Independence

So my babies are both getting more and more independent.  It is awesome watching them grow and learn new things.  But if I'm being 100% honest, it is also a little sad.  Especially with my little Reese.  She has grown up so much lately.  This morning she woke up and completely dressed herself.  Picked out the outfit (which matched perfectly), removed her jammies and put them in the hamper, the full nine yards. 

After breakfast the entire family went to Dr. Baker's office for our flu shots.  Kevin, Reese, and I were lucky enough to get the nasal mists...poor Finn had to get a shot in his thigh.  On the way to the doctor's office, Kevin and I prepped Reese the best we could.  We weren't sure if she would be getting the mist or an actual shot.  So, we got to the doctor's office and all piled into the room.  Maddie, the nurse, walked in with the goods and asked us who would be going first....and Reese volunteered?!  What 3 year old does that?  Maddie just chuckled and went ahead.  Then it was Kevin's turn.  Reese went up to him and said "Daddy, don't be scared.  It's ok."  She is so nurturing and kind.  It melts my heart!

Next we were off to dance class.  Finn and I decided we would run a few errands while Reese was in class, but I planned on walking her in.  As I pulled up, Reese said "Mommy, I can do it by myself.  I will go in like a big girl."  So, I pulled up next to the curb and watched my baby girl get out of the car, get her dance bag, and walk into the building all by herself!  It was strange how emotional it was...it is wonderful that she is so confident and independent....it is also heartbreaking that my baby girl doesn't need me as much anymore.

Then this afternoon Reese, Finn, and I went for a walk.  Finn is sitting up so well that he was able to ride in the stroller like a big boy!  Reese rode her scooter and we took Finn to the pond to see the ducks.

 
Watching the ducks :)
 
 
Hanging on!!
 
 
Out of nowhere, Reese ran out of the gazebo.  I asked her what she was doing and she turned around and said "watching out for the other people"?!  I have no clue what she was talking about.
 
 
Scootin' on home!
 
I know that they are just going to get more and more independent...but I wish I could keep them small forever.  I just love my two babies!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment