Friday, September 28, 2012

The Sweetest Good Night

Reese's good night ritual seems to be getting longer and longer!  Kevin and I always joke about what a staler it is when it's bed time.  Anyway, a typical night looks like this:

- get upstairs
- take inhaler
- go potty
- change into jammies and a pull up
- swish and spit (this is because of her inhaler...Reese calls it "squish and spit" which is really cute!)
- brush and floss
- read a story
- say our good night prayer
- tell each other our "secret"

So, Reese's good night prayer is a prayer that is on a plaque in her room.  The plaque was given to her by her godfather on the day she was baptized.  We have said this every single night since the night of her baptism. 

The prayer is:

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
Love be with me through the night
And keep me til the morning light

Our "secret" is:

I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be

This evening as she was going up to bed I was sitting on the couch feeding Finn.  She came over to give him hugs and kisses.  She gave him a kiss and then put her hand on his legs and out of nowhere started saying her good night prayer to him.  MELT.MY.HEART!  She really is the most loving and caring little girl.  I am confident that she will be an amazing role model for her baby brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment