Tatanka Ranch is located in Stroud so it was only about an hour drive from Tulsa. The kids both did really well in the car. Finn slept and Reese enjoyed looking for cows and horses along the way.
Reese and Daddy took a picture by the entrance.
Within minutes of our arrival we were greeted by this...
I freaked out!! I HATE spiders!
Here is a picture of our cabin. It is the one on the left with the orange cooler on the porch.
The cabins were all so quaint! They were arranged in a row overlooking a large grassy area and a beautiful pond with a waterfall.
Once we were all checked in, we gathered for lunch and to watch the OSU game. Several of the "big" girls brought their scooters and enjoyed scooting around rather than cheering on the Pokes.
Shortly after lunch it was time for some horse back riding. The kids did little coral rides, but they were on big horses. I was kind of surprised that they didn't have smaller ponies for the kids.
Reese, Daddy, and Finn checking out the horses.
Reese was selected to be the first kiddo to go for a ride. This was an honor that she wasn't too sure about.
In fact, she was completely terrified. She looked really cute even though she was whimpering.
A minute later she was all smiles! What a big girl!
However, as soon as T-Bone took a step she was completely terrified again. I mean, look at that face!
As luck would have it, as soon as Reese and T-Bone were off and "running" our group decided it was time for a picture of all the kids. So, Reese's ride was cut short.
Trying to coordinate all the kids for picture was mostly a disaster, but they looked pretty stinking cute, regardless!
Here are all of the "big" kids. I just love their matching shirts! Thanks to Canaan for getting the shirts printed for everyone....it was such a fun addition to the weekend!
The moms and babies joined in for this pic....complete chaos!!
Much to our surprise once the pictures were over Reese asked if she could go ride her horse again!
This time she jumped right on and took off! Gamble also decided to take a ride. When it was all said and done Reese loved riding her horse!
Obviously, Finn was too little to ride the horses, but we found a swing for him. It was Finn's first time to swing and I think it was a success!
Sweet boy!!
All smiles!
The playground was really big and was definitely kid approved!
This isn't a great picture of the playground, but it gives the general idea.
I found Reese driving the train yelling "all aboard"! When I asked her where she was going she said "Target" :)
Reese also enjoyed swinging! She kept telling Ashlee that she wanted to go "higher" and "higher"!
I also had a "first" while we were there. Like my three year old daughter, I rode a horse for the first time! It's funny, Reese and I both ended up riding T-Bone! He was a great horse!
Mommy and T-Bone
And we're off! Happy Trails to you, until we meet again!
Me, Ashlee, Canaan, Erin, and Katie all went on a 45 minute trail ride. The scenery was gorgeous and the ride was so relaxing! I loved every second of it! There was one minor run in with a donkey, but nothing major! The ranch keeps "pets", one of which is a donkey. As we were cruising along we passed a fence. All of the sudden this donkey came charging full speed across a pasture making these crazy sounds and swinging saliva everywhere. Thank goodness for the fence because I think he might have gotten into a fight with one of our horses! It was really funny actually!
While I was on the horse ride, Reese and daddy played at the playground. Here is one of the pictures I found...
Isn't this funny?! She looks like a drunk driver :) One of the daddies put their adult beverage in a pretty bad spot for this photo opportunity!
Reese loved sliding down the pole in the pirate ship!
After the playground Finn and Reese went down for their naps. We are so blessed to have two kiddos that are such good sleepers! Reese had a little cot in our room that she slept on and Finn had his pack and play.
While they were napping, I went on a walk with some of our friends to check out the livestock that the ranch has for pets. Casey arrived just before our walk. She wasn't able to stay long because her sweet little girl wasn't feeling well, but it was great to see her! The animals were so beautiful! I wish that Reese could have seen them, but she needed to rest!
Aren't the kids so cute up on the fence?!
I think this is the sweetest picture of Caroline and Allie! Those two really hit it off! It shows off the back of the shirts really well. There was a key (for Kappa) with all of our last names around it! It was perfect :)
Apparently, while I was gone Kevin and Reese went fishing. This was the first time that Reese had ever fished. I am so sad that I missed it and didn't get any pictures! Kevin said that Reese liked it, but didn't catch any fish. She got a little distracted by everything else going on as well. We will all definitely be fishing again soon!
Family pic!
That evening we enjoyed dinner and then the kids got to make smores! After we got all the kids down for bed the parents got some grown up time. The dads went to the "moon tower" and I'm certain got into all kinds of trouble. The moms sat around and chatted. We really enjoyed catching up with each other!
The next morning when we woke up Kevin wasn't feeling well. Turns out he had been getting sick most of the night but me and kids had slept through it. I felt really bad for him. While I was trying to pack up our stuff, I asked Reese if she could "babysit" Finn. She of course thought that was a great idea!
Here they are snuggled up in Reese's cot!
All in all it was a wonderful trip! I am so thankful for the friendships that we have and the opportunity for our families to all spend time together! Seeing all of our kids playing together was really awesome! We also got to celebrate Sarah and baby Wade. We threw a surprise "shower" while we were there. I can't wait for him to join our "family"! Looking forward to next year....it's already been booked!



No comments:
Post a Comment