Tuesday, March 29, 2011

And Time Stood Still

Today was a rough day....don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the end result....but it was still rough.  Kevin is working in Bartlesville this week.  That means that my mom comes over in the morning to help me out.  I cannot explain what a HUGE blessing this is.  It allows Reese to sleep in and allows me to get to work on time.  My mom has graciously offered to help in this way several times and it is very appreciated.  So, she came over this morning and I headed to work.  I left my office to go mail some documents in the front office.  On the way, I got lured into the cafeteria by the smell of a warm breakfast :)  Two of my friends, Danny and Stephanie, who run our school's chess club were in the cafeteria playing chess with their students.  I sat down to chat and eat.  A few minutes later the front office paged me over the intercom and said that my mom was on the phone and to come to the office.  Jokingly (thinking mom was stressing about Reese's outfit) I said to Danny and Stephanie "That can't be good"!

I walked into the office and Staci handed me the phone...that is went the life got sucked out of me and TIME STOOD STILL.....

Me: "Hello"
Mom (very calmly):  "I need you to leave school.  Reese and I have been in a wreck.  We are okay.   We are at 81st and Louisville."
Me (calm.....before the storm):  "Okay, are you sure your okay?  I will be there as soon as possible."

At this point, I hung up the phone....started balling and ran RAN down the hallway to get my purse.  I ran (literally)  into my friend Stephanie and she offered to come with me.  That is what a true friend is!  I am so lucky that she had the flexibility to help me!  No questions asked...she grabbed her purse and we were out the door.

I felt like I was going to vomit the entire way there.  I just needed to see my sweet baby and my amazing mother to know...to see them, touch them, hug them, kiss them.....to know that they were okay.  Sure enough we got there and they were in fact okay.  Reese was a little stunned and acting quiet.  Mom was already feeling the effects of being rear ended.  Her head and back were extremely sore.

We went and got everyone checked out at the ER and I'm thankful to say that they really are okay.  It has been a very, very emotional day!  I hope we don't EVER go through that again.

Thank you Lord for protecting my mommy and my baby today!

3 comments:

  1. OH, Sarah, I am so sorry for Reece and your momma....and for your worry. How scary for all of you. That is always my worse fear, calling my sister to say, we've been in an accident. Thank God for his protection over your precious family. {great.big.hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So grateful all is okay - I can't imagine what it felt like to get that call!

    ReplyDelete