Sunday, March 20, 2011

Completely RaNdOM

This post is going to be all over the place....but I'm allowed to do that!  There have been several little things that have happened over the past couple of days that I've wanted to share, none of them are related nor are they worthy of an individual post. 

Here it goes....

1.  We said grace the other night before dinner.  I am EMBARRASSED to admit this, but it was the first time that Kevin, Reese, and I have sat down for dinner as a family at our house.  Terrible mommy!  Anyway, it was the first time that she had heard us say grace before eating....she was watching us closely and then put her hands together to "pray"....super cute!

2.  Kevin sent me a text when I was at bunco that said "I'm pretty sure your daughter just said shit mommy shit".  (Not sure why, but apparently she now says "sit" but adds the "sh" at the beginning...awesome!)

3.  To confirm #2, Reese and I went to a play date the next morning.  One of the mommies brought cookies for the kids.  To eat their cookies they all had to be sitting.  Reese sat down, she patted the floor next to her, looked up at her friend Holland, and yelled SHIT!  (not embarrassing at all)

4.  Kevin and I went to a birthday dinner.  He was sitting by a friend of mine who he knows really well (and apparently is really comfortable around....comfortable enough to make one of his many highly inappropriate jokes to).  She gets her dinner and says "That is the biggest ravioli I have ever seen."  To which Kevin replies "Thank you!"  (do you get it?!  awkward!)

5.   We bought a Kodak Play Sport video camera this weekend!  We have already "caught" Reese singing.  I am SO excited about this purchase and can't wait to catch more footage of the little miss!

6.  Yesterday afternoon I came home and Kevin and I decided to go run a couple of quick errands.  He had been at home chillin' with Reese.  So, we jump in the car to run to Hobby Lobby.  Kevin is driving, we pull out of the neighborhood, he looks down and says "OH CRAP, I'm wearing my slippers"!  Sweet....we didn't even turn around, he just wore them in public :)

7.  I am REALLY struggling with Lent this year.  I gave up Starbucks which is proving to be insanely hard (maybe because I drink it about 4 - 5 times a week).  I also committed to eating at least one fruit OR vegetable a day (that's how unhealthy I am) and am failing!  Today, I caved and got an iced caramel macchiato from Starbuck's...it was sunny and warm day and it sounded so delicious...I gave into temptation and LOVED HATED every minute of it...it was the WORST caramel macchiato that I have ever had...so so so sad....probably served me right.

I'm so sad that spring break is over and it's back to reality tomorrow :(

2 comments:

  1. Great post. Adeline also adds a "sh" to sit and #6 sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Kevin I think it's super cool that he wore slippers to run errands. Any by super cool, I mean I am adding it to the "stuff old crotchety people do"! LOL!!!

    Sorry about the Lent stuff, tho....it's hard, plus yesterday was just gorgeous!!! Thank GOD for forgiveness, right?!?!?! I'm sure he understood!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete